Sunday, May 19, 2013

Spring Cleaning - Clothes


I have come to realize that my clothes are taking over my bedroom and I finally woke up from my denial stage that I need to do some editing in my closet. Let me tell you; this hurts me more than you know. I love clothes but, sadly, the realization hit that there might be someone out there who can make more use out of them than my hangers.

First, grab 4 bins or 4 large tote bags; basically anything you can place your clothes in.

Categorize the bins:

1) Ripped/Stained/Beyond Repair - This can go to H&M Long Live Fashion. For each bag of donated clothes, you receive a $5 voucher.

2) Don't fit or Out of style - This can go to charity like Goodwill.

3) Too gorgeous but doesn't fit - Organize a clothing swap party with friends and have a few sangrias while at it!

4) Fit perfectly - The winners! These go back to your closet. Since they're out, take some time to organize them when placing them back.

During the sort, you can try on each article of clothing but this will take some time. So, if you already know that something won't fit, put it in the appropriate bin; and no psycho-analyzing yourself that it will fit you again if you wait a few more months of dieting...nope. The truth will set you free, girl!  Just do it and believe me, you'll feel good about it later.

Tip: Velvet hangers are a great investment as the velvety texture prevents clothes from falling off. Plus, they are thin so they don't take up too much space. You can find them at stores like Walmart and Home Depot.

Xoxo, B

No comments:

Post a Comment